This vacation I spent in Japan. Here is what I did there. I wrote this each day, or the day after I did it. I was tired after a big day of activities.








Sunday, 9-27-09

Today I flew to Japan! We landed in the airport then we took a bus from the airport to the hotel. It took about a hour.

On the bus there was a toilet. It stunk bad. I had to go number two on it. It was hard to stay on because it was so bumpy. Me and Kevin my friend took pictures on the bus. Kiana and Trejan told us what was interesting to take a picture of.

The train was going super fast! We got train cards because we knew we would be on it a lot.

Then we checked in unpack and took the train to Costco! I had pizza. It was good. And we shopped for snacks. Costco was SO tempting. Every thing looked good!

We saw avocados, Doritos, cheetos, gummy bears, trail mix and lots of other things. We got some snacks for Disneyland, (the next three days.)

After that we took two buses and the train.

I was so glad to be in Japan safe and sound!


Monday, 9-28-09

Today I went to Disneyland! We left the hotel at 9:30am. Then took the bus to a Disney Resort Monorail Station. We got off at the third stop, then we checked our bags for safety.

The first ride we went on was the haunted house. The line was super long, it was a 45 minute wait. In the haunted house it was funny because they tried to scare you with things like (ghosts, skeletons, spiders and other things). Ghosts and skeletons would pop out and dance. It wasn’t scary because it was in Japanese, and we didn’t understand what they were saying. I thought the ride was worth the wait.

Then me and my Dad went to Autotopia, (a car racing ride.) Trejan and my Mom went to Teacups. In Autotopia I got to drive, my Dad was the passenger. I don’t think the car went that fast at all, so it wasn’t really like a race. One of the guys who worked there took a picture of me and my Dad. Even though it didn’t go fast it was still fun.

After that we met the Barrs and had lunch. After we were done with lunch we walked over to Star tours. Star tours is a ride where you sit in a chair and watch a screen. In the ride you are in a plane. When it turns your chair tips like you really are turning. I think if you are really sensitive to motions you wouldn’t like the ride. (Personally I LOVED it.)

We ate Pizza for dinner. After that me, Kiana, Tre, Dad and Mom went to watch a parade. And Debi, Kevin and Mike went to watch a show. But it was closed. Then we all met at space mountain. Mom, Kiana, Kevin and Mike went on. Me, Debi, Dad and Tre went on Buzz Light-year. I sat next to Debi. It was dark. I thought it was loud.

Then Me, Dad, Tre and Mom went to watch a Electrical Parade and the rest went on Pooh’s Honey hunt. Then we all together went to the Hunted House.

I think it was close to the best day of my life.



Tuesday, 9-29-09
Today we went to Disney Sea. The first thing we did was go on the ride 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. It felt like you go under water, but you don’t. You get in a submarine and it starts to move that’s when you think your underwater.

Then we went to a magic show. You had to take a pare of 3-D glasses. They you watch the show. There was a genie in the show. It was blue. It lived in a bottle. It threw things at you like swords. The 3-D made it awesome.

After that we rode a carousel. I rode a donkey. My brother took a horse, but he wanted a genie. They were all taken. We got to ride on the top. It was a double-decker carousel. My dad took pictures from the bottom. I got a donkey that went up and down. It bounced. It had three jewels on it’s neck.

After that we went on a small roller coaster. It was called Flounder’s roller ride. I went by myself, in my own cart. My brother had to ride with my mom. My dad took pictures.

Then we got ice cream. I got orange popsicle. So did my brother and dad. My mom got a mango one. Then we split up. My mom and Tre went to Journey to the Center of the Earth. Me and my dad looked around and talked to the Barrs.

After that my family met up all together. Then we went to Indiana Jones. It was very bumpy, and I covered my ears because it was so loud. Then my family went to storm riders and the Barrs went to a music show. Storm riders was fun because things popped out of the ceiling like something broke and it rained (water dropped out of the ceiling).

Then we all we all went to a roller coaster. It had a loop-tee-loop. I sat next to Kiana. We put on soft cushioned shoulder straps. There was about 5 drops and one loop. We had fast passes so we didn’t have to wait that long. When we were getting on, my stomach kept lurching and gargling. I didn’t realize it was going to go so fast. I couldn’t tell witch one was a drop and which one was a loop. When it was over I wanted to go again and again but instead we went to a music show.

At the music show the stage looked like a jungle. It was big and had green, long vines. There were people dressed as Water Kings, Earth Kings, Fire Kings and, Monkeys. It was loud. I liked the fog part. It smelled kind of like gas (you put in a car).


Monday, 10-05-09

Today I started packing to travel to Kyoto. When I was finished packing we went over to Dad and Trejan’s room and read Harry Potter. While dad was taking a shower mom went to get money from the city bank. After ever thing was packed we left to go to the train station. First we had to get tickets. It took a long time. It seemed like she didn’t really know what she was doing. But it turned out fine. Then we got on the train. It took a while to fined seats. I switched seats 3 times. It seemed like more but 3. then we got settled and 2 hours later we were in Kyoto. We got off the train and checked in to the hotel.

After that we met our guide, Mr. Mori. We all went to a temple. We took a lot of pictures. We saw a Buddha and people praying. We did not pray because we do not believe in Buddha. After looking around we ate dinner at a place with teriyaki, curry and soup. The curry smelted good but I didn’t like the taste. After eating we said good bye to Mr. Mori, our guide, and had ice cream at McDonald’s. I had vanilla it smelled really good.

I was tired and happy to be in Kyoto.






Tuesday, 10-06-09

Today I went to three temples. I went inside two. One was closed. The first one had a little pond in it. In the pond was a golden, wood, miniature house. It was beautiful. The second one we didn’t stay for very long. We only saw a big house with red window sills. The third one was closed, so we didn’t see anything. I felt happy because I didn’t want to see it. I don’t like temples very much.


Wednesday, 10-07-09

Today I went to Hiroshima. The first thing we did was get to the hotel. We were getting in the rotten stinky smelling elevator. We met a very nice person. We couldn’t fined are hotel so the lady helped us fined it. She didn’t know were it was ether so we looked on the map. She thought it was up the stairs so we went up the stairs but then she noticed she was wrong, then we finally got there! We checked in and went up to our room.

We took a shuttle bus to a peace museum. The bus wasn’t crowded. We got our tickets to the peace museum and got a speaker thing that explains what the things mean.

One of the floors had a fire and people and what it looks like at once, when you get bombed. It made me feel bad for the people and mad at America.

On another floor I saw a pocket watch and the bomb was so loud that it stopped the watch.

The first floor had a landscape of what it looked like before it was bombed and after it was bombed. Before it was bombed there were lots of houses and buildings. After it was bombed, there was basically nothing but a building that was the exhibition town hall. Lots of the bricks weren’t on it. It was half a building and half not a building.

Before I didn’t know that such a little bomb could blow up such a big space and I figured this out. I thought about what my city would look like if it got bombed. It would be hard to breathe if it was bombed. I also learned that still after 20 minutes there was a lot of smoke and ash in the air.

I also saw over a thousand paper cranes. They were very colorful and bright and their strips were long.

And then after that we went to eat. I didn’t eat. Mom had nachos and Dad had chicken tacos. I didn’t think I would like them much.

I definitely liked Tokyo better, but Hiroshima was still pretty cool.

4 comments:

  1. Nicole! Thanks for writing such an awesome blog post. I love reading about your adventures and I wish I could have traveled in Japan with you. You make me laugh when you describe the toilets and the stinky elevators. You are a great writer and I hope you post some of your thoughts about China too! Love and miss you, Auntie Nori

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wonderful #1 grand daughter, Nicole....It was exciting reading your own personal blog. You made the adventure come alive. I could almost see the things you described as if I was there. Grammie and I are looking forward to seeing you, your mom,dad, and Tre on Tuesday, October 13. We will get our packing complete tonight and leave for Dalian tomorrow (Monday).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole,
    I am thrilled to read your wonderful blog post! I think you are a great writer. I felt as if I were there when you described your adventures. I am looking forward to seeing you as well as dad, mom, and Tre. I am so proud of you.
    I love you,
    Grammie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cole,
    Thanks for posting those great photos of your Cambodia and Thailand trip! So I guess I should say, "SWEET!"
    Did you ride the elephant or touch the snake?
    I love you,
    Grammie

    ReplyDelete